NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Mera Tue, January 08, 2013 13:43:28
OK, it's been like a century since I wrote or posted something on this blog. That's partly due to my laziness to kick myself to actually write something and partly to the dreadful process of uploading something to this blog.
But, …it is a new year and with that come plenty of new year's resolutions. And since it has been a couple of years that I did not take any resolutions (why to bother if you don't do it anyways), I thought that this year, maybe, it is a good time to change the habit and to set some goals for this year - and that is to post something on this boring blog and finally update or even redo my website www.soutophotography.com. That's it. Make it viewable on smartphones and tablets and update it with recent photos. Those you can see of course on my facebook page if you follow me.
So, it is on the paper, let's do it!
Happy new year!
Katarina Souto Mera
NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Mera Wed, April 14, 2010 09:27:35
During the time my site was down, I have created a page SoutoPhotography on Facebook, where I will upload my portfolio. Feel free to become a fan of my page, I'd really appreciate it.
Katarina Souto Mera
NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Mera Tue, April 13, 2010 10:27:50
I am happy to announce you, that my website is back and running, no malware and danger to visitors. Good news for today!
Katarina Souto Mera
NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Mera Fri, March 26, 2010 09:43:27
My website www.soutophotography.com has been rated as dangerous. Please, for the moment, do not open it as it may harm your computer. I do not know for the time being what went wrong and I apologise for this inconvenience, it was surely not done intentionally. I have to have a look into it and try to find the solution. I will inform you when there is no danger anymore. Thank you for your understanding.
Katarina Souto Mera
NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Mera Mon, March 22, 2010 11:56:14
Actually, there are 2 new wedding galleries, but one is with the photographs straight out of the camera and in the other one you'll see the magic of post production on selected photos from the original gallery.
Post processing include very few simple steps to improve the composition, colour correction or colour change, B&W conversion and only in one or two photos I cloned out some distracting elements. Just to show you what a little postproduction can do to a photo, how it can be improved or get another atmosphere.
As mentioned before, all the photographs are shot on film Kodak Portra 800 135-36 with Pentax MZ-S camera with combination of the excellent Limited FA lenses offered by Pentax - SMC FA 31/1.8 Ltd, SMC FA 43/1.9 Ltd and SMC FA 77/1.8 Ltd which happens to be my favourite lens of all.
If you wish to see the rest of the photographs, please visit my website www.soutophotography.com or click this link which will take you directly to the wedding gallery. Enjoy and leave a comment if you did :)
Katarina Souto Mera
NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Mon, August 31, 2009 19:33:12
2009 International Photography Awards Announces Winners of the Competition
Katarina Souto Mera was awarded in the International Photography Awards Competition.
International Photography Awards (IPA) has announced the winners of 2009's competition.
Katarina Souto Mera was Awarded:
Honorable Mention in
Nature - Flowers category for the winning entry "Daffodil."
Please visit www.soutophotography.com to find more information about Katarina Souto Mera.
The 2009 International Photography Awards received nearly 18,000
submissions from 104 countries across the globe. IPA is a sister-effort
of the Lucie Foundation, where the top three winners are announced at
the annual Lucie Awards gala ceremony. The Foundation's mission is to
honor master photographers, to discover new and emerging talent and to
promote the appreciation of photography. Since 2003, IPA has had the
privilege and opportunity to acknowledge and recognize contemporary
photographer's accomplishments in this specialized and highly visible
competition. Visit www.photoawards.com
Katarina Souto Mera:
IPA | Lucie Awards
NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Thu, September 04, 2008 16:41:53
After a long long time, the SoutoPhotography.com has been updated. Please read on about what´s up...
» What´s new? (2nd September 2008)
• Finally there has been an update of galleries, couple of photographs has been added and new gallery COLOUR created - though only with one picture for the moment, as I work mostly in B&W. To see only the summary of the new photographs, go to the gallery page and click on the last icon NEW PHOTOGRAPHS.
• There is a new category under the LINKS page -"My favourite things" the websites I am checking almost every day for valuable info and the category "Photographers" has been enriched by two photographers' websites - really worth checking out for inspiration. One is Josip Saric from Serbia and the other is a guy with the same last name as mine Henrique Souto from Portugal.
» Featured gallery for September 2008!
After a long break there is another chosen gallery for the month of september! Let's have a look what miracles can do a simple plastic camera like Diana+. To learn more about this little plastic beauty or if you wish to own one for yourself, search on Lomographic Society website. (To view the Diana+ gallery, please go to www.soutophotography.com and clikc on the picture on the right top.)
» Co je nove? (2. september 2008)
• Po dlhom case boli fotogalerie znovu obohatene o par fotograpfii a zaroven bola vytvorena aj nova galeria COLOUR, sice zatial len s jednou fotkou, kedze prevazne fotim cierno-bielo. Ked si chcete pozriet len tie najnovsie fotografie, tak na stranke gallery kliknite na posledu ikonku NEW PHOTOGRAPHS.
• Na stranke LINKS bola vytvorena nova kategoria -"My favourite things" (Moje oblubenosti) so strankami, ktore si prehliadam takmer kazdodenne kvoli ich cennym informaciam. Do kategorie "Photographers" boli pridane dve dalsie mena fotografov, stranky ktorych stoja za pozretie. Jeden z nich je srbsky fotograf Josip Saric a tym druhym je moj menovec Henrique Souto z Portugalska.
» Vybrana galeria na mesiac september 2008!
Opat po dlhej odmlke bola na mesiac september vybrana dalsia galeria. Podme sa pozriet ake zazraky dokaze jednoduchy fotoaparat z plastu ako Diana+. Ak sa chcete dozvediet viac o tejto plastovej kraske, alebo ak by ste si jednu kupit, pozrite sa na stranku Lomographic Society. (Ak si chcete pozriet galeriu Diana+, otvorte si stranku www.soutophotography.com a kliknite na fotku v pravo hore.)
NewsPosted by Katarina Souto Fri, May 23, 2008 13:10:00
Hi there again after a long silence...
Soutophotography.com has been recently updated. There is not so much added this time either, because as I have been quite busy with other things, I did not have much time to spend at the computer. Hopefully next time you will see some more photographs and maybe even some written words at this blog.
- On 22 May 2008 there is again only one gallery added - from my 2nd wedding in Spain. Check it out at Gallery/Weddings page. These photographs are from the hired professional. Those from friends are "coming soon" - as soon as I have them all gathered and prepared for you to enjoy.
- Featured photo for May 2008!
For the month of May there is no chosen gallery! There is only one picture that matters and it is Capilla da Nosa Señora da Lanzada in Galicia, Spain, where on the May 2nd I said "Si" to my love.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the photos from my wedding. It was really a nice party and everything worked out well. For this I have to thank very very much to the parents of Pablo for their help and organisation . Without them I can not imagine how we would manage. And also a big thanks to the guys from Carlos I**** hotel in Sanxenxo, where we had the reception, especially to José the maître d'hôtel for the perfect preparation and organisation of the reception. And of course to everybody who came and made our special day even more special. And now I am happily married. ...and they lived ever after...
Yours Katarina Souto
NewsPosted by Katarina Bartkova Mon, February 18, 2008 13:36:54
The SoutoPhotography.com has been recently updated, please find below the information about the new stuff.
» What's new?
• On 17 February 2008 two new galleries were added - DIANA+ and PORTFOLIO GYPSIES
and almost all of the rest were updated.
• To check out only the new pictures, please check the "BRAND NEW" gallery at the gallery page.
• New price of the CALENDAR 2008 and update about VIPC contest - find out more at EXHIBITIONS!!!
» Featured gallery for MARCH 2008!
For the month of March the chosen featured gallery is the LENSBABY GALLERY! Photographs are taken with Pentax MZ-S camera and a special lens called Lensbaby 2.0 which creates unique images full of dreamy blur.
Webstránka SoutoPhotography.com bola nedávno obnovená, tu sú podrobnejšie informácie o novinkách.
» Čo je nové?
• 17. februára 2008 boli pridané ďalšie dve fotogalérie - DIANA+ a PORTFOLIO GYPSIES
a skoro všetky ostatné boli doplnené novými fotkami.
• Ak si chcete pozrieť len nové fotky, kliknite na "BRAND NEW" fotogalériu na stránke GALLERIES.
• Nová cena KALENDÁRA 2008 a oznam o VIPC súťaži - dočítaj sa viac na EXHIBITIONS!!!
» Vybraná fotogaléria na mesiac MAREC 2008!
Na mesiac marec bola vybraná fotogaléria LENSBABY GALLERY! Fotografie sú snímané na Pentax MZ-S fotoaparáte so špeciálnym objektívom nazvaným Lensbaby 2.0, ktorý vytvára jedinečné fotografie akoby zo sna.
Katarina (Souto) Bartkova
black&white fine art photography
NewsPosted by Katarina Bartkova Thu, January 24, 2008 12:48:37
I have just learnt from Scott Kelby blog, that there will be a new version of Lightroom. This is big!!! Actualy, here is the link to his post on Photoshop Insider, where he is writing a "Lightroom 2.0 wishlist" to Adobe with all the little things and improvement he would like to find in a new version. Everybody could post a comment and he would forward it to Adobe.
Later on Scott Kelby posted a new comment that the Adobe are actually taking the things seriously!!! So let us hope we will find at least half of the things in the new version of Lightroom 2.0! That would be so cooool!
Thank you very much Scott Kelby!
Katarina (Souto) Bartkova